This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Anna Connole

Hometown: Falls Church City, VA

Major/Minor: Communications, with a minor in Political Science

Year: Freshman

Anna Connole has been a busy bee during her first semester at JMU! She was recently elected to the Freshmen Class Council as Vice President on top of the many clubs and activities she’s already a part of here. There is no doubt, Anna Connole will make a difference at JMU.

What clubs are you involved in?

Student Government Association, Photographer for The Bluestone, Writer for Her Campus, and a Member of College Democrats, Public Relations Student Society of America, Amnesty International, and Cinemuse.

What’s the most memorable experience you’ve had at JMU so far?

I would have to say my first football game, because of the amount of school spirit in that one atmosphere. It almost felt like the start of being a part of JMU as we celebrated our first home win.

What’s the most interesting experience you’ve had at JMU so far?

Halloweekend was definitely an interesting experience. I saw many unique costumes and it definitely showed how much stamina JMU students have over the five day celebration.

Now that you’re VP of the freshman class, what are some goals you have for this year?

As general as it sounds, I really want to make sure to improve every student’s experience at JMU this year. I want to make it the best it can be by organizing events and hearing concerns while working towards solutions.

Which Stranger Things character do you most identify with and why?

Contrary to the Buzzfeed quiz which says I am Lucas, I am for sure Eleven. She kicks butt and is definitely the most dynamic character on the show. I also empathize with her love of Eggos.  

What can’t you live without?

Since the recent casualty of my only pair of headphones, I would have to say them. I really just love being able to listen to my music walking through campus or when I am studying.

Fun Fact:

I competed in Irish Dance until I was in middle school. I even got to Worlds.