Alex McMillen of UNICEF at JMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Since it’s World Water Month, Her Campus JMU talked to Alex McMillen, the vice president of UNICEF at JMU!

1. When did UNICEF at JMU start?

We a new club this semester at JMU.

2. How big is the club?

We have just over 30 members and are looking to grow as quickly as possible.

3. What made you want to get involved with JMU’s UNICEF chapter?

We actually are the founders of the chapter, when we realized that many other schools had UNICEF clubs and how important of a mission they were carrying out we wanted to contribute to the effort because we know our campus has a lot of people concerned about the well being of less fortunate people around the world and saw an opportunity to help.

4. What types of events does UNICEF at JMU get involved with?

We have a few different events we get involved with but are still figuring it all out since it’s our first semester.

5. Why should people join UNICEF at JMU?

People should join JMU UNICEF because it’s an organization of giving and caring people looking to make a difference for others with an added advantage of meeting new people around campus!

Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.