7 Reasons You Should Be Watching “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Get up there and give him heck for fudges sake, gosh dang it!

1. Its created by Tina Fey

Can the woman who brought us the most quotable movie of our generation do any wrong? (No.) If youre a fan of 30 Rock,” youll recognize Feys signature witty dialogue.

2. Kimmy Schmidt is an inspiration

After being trapped in a bunker for 17 years or so, Kimmy is weird, unattached, and naive; however, she is incredibly likable. Her optimism and strength outweigh her flaws, and after recently saying goodbye to Leslie Knope, we need a new optimistic heroine to root for. Plus, she always comes up with the best/worst comebacks. Even though they are either totally outdated or just plain nonsensical, her delivery is totally perfect.

3. The supporting characters are all hilarious

Every character in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidtis super eccentric, but none of them feel too over-the-top. They each have their own struggles to make them seem much more real.

4. Ellie Kemper is a star

Weve seen her in The Officeand Bridesmaids,” but Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidtfinally gives us a chance to see what she can do. Kemper seems so genuine in her performance, and it doesnt hurt that when she smiles (which is a lot), youll wish you wore your retainer more often.

5. Youll love all of Kimmys outdated references

Since she was kidnapped in 1998 when she was in 8th grade, her immature 90s references are on point.

6. Its on Netflix

Since the entire season is already on Netflix, you can, and probably will, watch it all in one day.

7. It has the best theme song – https://youtu.be/WYNbp0u8WjA
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.