7 Reasons to Become a Her Campus Contributor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Her Campus is a great, girl-powered site

HC is an incredibly positive publication, with content covering subjects like feminism, LGBTQ+ info, career preparation, and more!

You get to use a lot of GIFs

We love enhancing our stories with funny images and/or GIFs, so you now you can find a use for things like this…

(Okay, that one might be hard to use.)

HC looks great on your resumé

If you’re interested in pursuing anything writing or media-related, this is a great experience to have!

You get to be famous

Seeing your grandma share your post is nice and all, but nothing beats the feeling you get when you see that a total stranger with no obligation to you whatsoever shared it or tagged a friend, purely because they enjoyed it.

You can practice your writing skills

Her Campus is a great, low-stakes platform for you to find your voice as a writer while getting used to pitching story ideas and following deadlines.

You get to collaborate with, learn from, and support other great people!

Getting to bounce ideas off of other like-minded people is so fun and beneficial to self-development. Additionally, even though we’re an online publication, we’re still a student organization, meaning that we hang out and do fun stuff together!

You can express yourself and have a voiceEnlighten your fellow students with a feature full of great advice or express your opinion in a blog post. We get a lot of creative freedom! You might feel like a little fish in a big pond at college, but Her Campus is a great way to reach a wide audience!

Apply to Her Campus JMU here! Deadline is Sept 30th!

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.