7 Chic Holiday Dresses for Every Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

With the holiday season upon us, we’re bound to have at least one soireé or party to look forward to!  And you know what that means… holiday dress shopping!  Regardless of how many party dresses you already own, there’s always room for a new addition.  Whether you’re taking the budget-friendly route or are ready to splurge away, there is no scarcity of options to choose from.  Take a break from studying for finals and check out these seven must-have dresses!

Asymmetrical flounce trim dress from Forever 21 ($22.50)
Super affordable and in a vibrant shade of purple, what’s not to love about this hip-hugging dress?

Brocade Party Dress from American Eagle ($59.50)
There is nothing passé about a gorgeous black dress; it’s always a crowd pleaser.  (If you’re looking for something a little more angelic, it also comes in white.)

Dot necessarily dress from Modcloth ($69.99)           
Dots galore.  For the über feminine and classy collegiette™ who is always dressed to impress.

Lace overlay shift dress from Nordstrom ($88)
Wear this snazzy dress for the holidays or save it for New Year’s Eve! 

BB Dakota Jacquard sleeveless dress from Urban Outfitters ($110)
Edgy and eclectic, this dress is bursting with personality.  For maximum appeal, layer multi-strand and chain necklaces.

Asymmetrical pleated dress by BCBGeneration ($138)
Haven’t you heard? LRDs are all the rage!  Festive and bold, red dresses are the epitome of holiday fun. 

Lace and light dress from Anthropologie ($258)
Perfection.  A girl can dream, right?

Anjerika Wilmer is a senior at James Madison University, pursuing a degree in Art History and Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Journalism. In addition to being a Branch Manager for Her Campus, Anjerika is a contributing writer for Her Campus JMU. Over the summer, she spent five weeks abroad in Vienna, Austria in search of “the Good.” After her inspirational trip to Vienna, Anjerika hopes to see more of the world, specifically Paris and London. Obsessed with all things girly and feminine, nothing makes her happier than classic cardigans, pleated skirts and oxford shoes! A full-fledged fashionista, Anjerika dedicates her spare time to reading fashion magazines, studying runway, blogging and swooning over Olivia Palermo’s impeccable style. As for the future, she plans to attend graduate school and pursue a career in fashion journalism. Moleskine journal in hand, Anjerika is ready to take the fashion world by storm!