6 Girls You Encounter in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. The Crowd Pleaser

We all know this person. She wants to be on everyone’s good side, and to be honest it gets old real quick. The secret to getting along with a crowd pleaser is to learn from the information they get. They’re going to find out a LOT because they want to be “in” on everything. Consider them a resource and you’ll find that they’re more than happy to help.

2. The Girl with Chronic RBFThis person probably doesn’t even know the effect their face has on others and really does mean well! Smile, even if they don’t smile back. And never take it personally.

3. The Competitively Mean Girl

We all dislike being around mean people. Even mean people don’t want to be around mean people, because they want to be the only mean person around. Kill ‘em with kindness. It may not solve all your problems, but it’ll make your life a lot easier.

4. The There’s No Way She’s Actually That Happy All The Time Girl

…But who knows, maybe she is! Take advantage of the positive vibes she sends out and use them to boost your own mood. There’s nothing wrong with being happy, and there’s definitely nothing wrong with spreading positive energy, so get to it!

5. The Stuck In High School Drama Queen

Leave it be. Don’t engage in the gossip that is traveling the office floors. Get over the pettiness, see them for who they are, and understand that it’s okay not to be friends with everyone. Always be a little more kind than necessary–what she says about you says more about her anyway.

6. The One Who’s In Everyone’s Business

Be very cautious about the information you reveal around this person. This kind of person might want information so they can climb the ladder. When you’re around them, ask more questions than you answer. You’ll find out more about them and you’ll be able to avoid being a source of information.

Have you ever thought "Am I the only one who..."? I'm sure you have, and I promise you're not. Live the life you love. I don't take things too seriously, because life is too short to be so obsessed with what everyone thinks of me. I became a writer so I could say what everyone else is thinking. I believe that treating others the way you want to be treated means you will never have to regret a decision you make. I make mistakes, but that's what makes great articles!
I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.