5 Reasons Why Olivia Pope Should Be Your Inspiration for 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. She’s stylish

I don’t think I’ve seen an episode where Olivia wasn’t dressed to the nines. From her endless supply of trench coats, to her silk pj’s, she’s always seen in something chic. There was word that a clothing line was inspired by her character and you can certainly find outfit inspiration on Pinterest (I know I have!).

2. She’s confident

Olivia exudes confidence. You don’t get into a field like hers by avoiding confrontation. Olivia knows what she wants and goes after it with all the passion and gusto she has. This is perfect for all those times you procrastinate turning in that essay.

3. Her work ethic is insane

If anyone knows how to get things done it’s Olivia Pope. Do yourself a favor and channel your inner Olivia while you jot down your assignments in your agenda or when you are scheduling meetings.

4. She knows what she’s worth

Olivia has her ups and downs and her fair share of troubles but she doesn’t let that get to her at the end of the day. Take some advice from her and show people you mean business in the new year.

5. She surrounds herself with people who build her up and help her succeed 

Although Olivia gets things done, she has a great group of people that stand by her and help her succeed. Make 2017 the year to surround yourself with people who support you and give you positive vibes. Your friends can very well be the building blocks to your success.

www.brit.co/scandal-clothing-line-photos/

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.