5 Reasons to Be Excited About the Superbowl (Even If You Aren’t Into Sports)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

2) The commercials

Honestly, I always get so excited about watching the commercials that come on in between. Yes, they may be less than a couple minutes long and I shouldn’t be excited about an M and M commercial so much, but like really who cares?

3) Friends and Family

For some of us (myself included), the superbowl is a time for all my friends and some members of my family to meet up and hang out. Sometimes I see cousins I haven’t seen in a long time, but since I’ve been in college for the past couple of years I usually watch it with my friends/roommates.

4) Competition

Once you pick a team, it can be fun to cheer on each side and mess around with your friends and family. You can make cupcakes with your team’s colors and deck yourself out in festive garb (where are those pom poms I’ve had for years?!)

5) The Halftime show

Last, but certainly not least, everyone can enjoy the Halftime show! No matter who is performing, you and your friends can always jam and act like you know the choreography/lyrics to every song. I heard Justin Timberlake is performing this Sunday, so you best believe I’ll be on my couch as soon as he graces the stage with his presence (OG NSYNC fan for life)

Whether you’re super into football or not, everyone can have fun on Super bowl Sunday! I don’t know about you guys but I am counting down the hours until I can see JT sing.

I am an English major obsessed with fashion, iced coffee, and Disney movies. You can most likely find me in a coffee shop editing on my computer, or taking #OOTD pics for my instagram.
Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.