roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 People You Meet In The JMU Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Whether you are an ECL person or a Carrier lover, everyone can say they’ve had their fair share of time spent in a JMU library. Whether you’re meeting with a group to work on a project or slaving the night away cramming for a test, there are a few different types of frequent library-goers that you will encounter.

1. The person who forgets to whisper in the silent section

The silent section isn’t for everyone, but if it’s your chosen place to study, you know that there is nothing more annoying than someone talking at the top of their lungs when everyone else is dead-silent. Everyone is throwing them dirty looks and yet they keep gabbing to their friend about how much studying they have to do (but aren’t actually doing).

2. The person eating smelly food at your table

Sometimes you have to eat in the library, but if you’re eating Mongolian Grill in the middle of the second floor of Carrier, people are probably going to notice. No shame in eating alone somewhere, but if you really need to eat, keep it contained please. Do you really need that tuna sandwich in library? No thanks.

3. The girl wearing a dress

If you’re wearing a dress in the library, you’re doing the most. Most people in the library rock the comfy casual look or “library clothes”. Here’s hoping the girl in the dress had a presentation that morning because the rest of us wearing leggings and t-shirts are feeling pretty low.

4. The person who never leaves

Everyone knows that person that is always in the library. They study, eat, sleep, and socialize all without ever leaving the library. If they have a big test coming up, they start to get a little manic. Finals are a tough time for them, because they actually never leave…Interventions might be needed.

5. The Starbucks worker

Whether you got up early to go to the library or it’s a late night, everyone loves the smiling Starbucks worker who asks, “Would you like an extra shot of espresso?” Bless them because most of us really need it.

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.