This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Whether you’re spending time with friends or your partner, here are some Netflix movie recommendations for this Valentine’s Day.

The Last Letter From Your Lover (2021)

Based on the novel by Jojo Moyes, this movie features Shailene Woodley, Felicity Jones, and Callum Turner in a story about two love affairs. This is romantic drama that deals with forbidden love, writing, and mystery. This new movie has gotten some great reviews and seems to be a must-watch. If you’re looking for a movie that might make you cry, in a good way of course, consider watching this Netflix drama.

The Lovebirds (2020)

This romantic comedy features Issa Rae and Kumail Nanjiani as a couple who find themselves involved in a murder investigation… but as suspects. This couples looks to find the real killer of a crime they have been accused of. If you’re looking for a movie to laugh at with your best friends this Galentine’s day, consider watching this hilarious rom-com.

The Half Of It (2020)

Teen, queer love is the focus of this movie as we watch Leah Lewis star as the main character, Ellie Chu, of this romantic comedy. She is tasked with helping a fellow classmate, Daniel Diemer, write a love letter to his crush, Alexis Lemire. Little did Ellie know she was going to fall for his crush too! While a high school movie might seem out-of-touch, the nostalgia of this story makes it super relatable. If you want to watch a queer rom-com, consider this one.

Juanita (2019)

This story follows Juanita, a tired mom who is looking for an escape from the everyday routine. She finds herself in the town of Butte where she begins to spread her influence and discover more about herself. This romantic comedy stars Alfre Woodard in a tale of self-discovery, self-love, and (of course) romance. If you want a fun, feel-good romance movie, you should definitely check this gem out.

Set it Up (2018)

Two bosses, two assistants, both couples are in love and don’t know what to do about it. Follow Zooey Deutch, Glen Powell, Lucy Liu, and Taye Diggs in this romantic comedy about workplace love. This is a great movie to watch for some laughs and, if you’re like me, to see Pete Davidson act ridiculous. I would consider this a feel-good movie that can feel somewhat relatable for the paid and unpaid interns out there.

Nicole Bell is a fourth-year writing, rhetoric, and technical communication major with a women, gender, and sexuality studies minor. She is always with her cats, Doja Cat and Post Malone, and puppy, Aspen. She daydreams about when she will live in NYC.