5 Must-Try Restaurants Before Graduation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

With graduation just around the corner, here are five restaurants you have to try in Harrisonburg.

1. Taste of Thai

Nestled on Old South High Street, Taste of Thai is a must-try. Their portions are huge, so you’ll definitely have leftovers.

2. Jalapeño Southwest Grill

We’ve all been to El Charro, but what about Jalapeño? Their margaritas are to die for.

3. Dave’s Taverna

The best part of Dave’s (besides their Gyros and Jell-O shots) is undoubtedly the porch. Who wouldn’t want to watch the sunset while enjoying dinner and drinks?

4. Jimmy Madison’s

This whiskey bar has a speakeasy vibe to it, not to mention their killer brunch and tasty brussel sprouts. They even grow fresh mint up on the rooftop!

5. Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint

Last but not least, Jack Brown’s is the go-to for the perfect burger. Try the Greg Brady or one of their daily specials — don’t forget a tasty craft beer on the side.

Which Harrisonburg restaurant are you going to miss most? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!

Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.