Style > Beauty

5 Glossier Products You Need in Your Daily Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

If you’ve spent any time at all on the internet in the past 2 years, you’ve likely heard at least one person raving about how Glossier’s products have changed their lives. You’ve probably seen classmates using the iconic pink bubble wrap bags as pencil cases, or noticed the super-cute logo stickers decorating water bottles and laptops everywhere. So what’s the hype?

I am a self-proclaimed Glossier fanatic. I am also very skeptical of trying new products, so taking the leap and integrating the brand into my skincare and makeup routine was no joke. I am here to honestly tell you that Glossier’s products are 100% worth the hype. Not only is the packaging incredibly aesthetically pleasing, their products WORK. Added bonus? All of the following products are hypoallergenic, cruelty free and paraben free. If you’ve been thinking about hopping on the Glossier bandwagon but aren’t sure where to start, this list is for you.

Milky Jelly Cleanser

There is a reason this cleanser has won multiple awards in the past few years. It’s super gentle, and makes your skin feel clean, refreshed, and healthy after every wash. 1/4th of the H2O content has also been replaced with rose water, so it leaves you smelling like a flowery woodland fairy.

Solution

If you have ever experienced the nightmare that is hormonal acne, this one might just become your best friend. Solution is an exfoliating skin perfector, and is formulated with 3 key acid groups that clear away dead skin cells and leave skin smoother, softer, and glowier. Using this in combination with the Milky Jelly Cleanser helped to eliminate my “Welcome to Your 20’s” hormonal acne. A must-try. 

Balm Dot Com

BALM. DOT. COM. Once you try one, you will want them in every flavor, color, scent – you name it. It is described as a “do everything skin salve”, a name that is definitely accurate. Dry Lips? No problem. Sick of your cuticles looking like the Sahara Desert? Balm Dotcom can fix that. Want your lips to smell like a birthday cake or a pina colada? There is a scent for every occasion.

Haloscope

Haloscope is your key to looking like a dewey goddess. It’s a face highlighter that is also a skincare product. It’s infused with vitamin-rich moisturizers, so it won’t leave your highlight looking dry and glittery. Haloscope is also made with REAL. CRYSTALS. You are literally putting quartz or topaz on your cheeks with every swipe.

Bubblewrap

Last but not least, one of Glossier’s newer products. Bubblewrap is an eye and lip cream, which is a product I don’t think enough people use in their skincare routine. The skin around your eyes and lips is the most delicate on your face, and requires extra hydration to stay healthy. This cream delivers a super hydrating effect, and doesn’t feel sticky or heavy. You can finally say goodbye to those pesky under-eye bags. 

So what are you waiting for? If you’re looking to treat yourself to an upgrade in your skincare and makeup routine, Glossier is the perfect place to start.

Madison is a Senior Media Arts & Design major at James Madison University. Favorites include: iced lattes, Glossier, over-analyzing horoscopes, reading, and fashion.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.