Style

5 Essential Pieces to Revamp your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Fashion is always changing, yet somehow is still staying the same. I’m not sure if we’re back in the 90s, but it sure seems like it. I’ve searched long and far for 5 vital pieces that can totally revamp any closet, and here are my findings

1. Checkered Vans

Feeling lazy but want to look put together? Checkered vans. In need a fun edgy darty outfit? Checkered vans. Wanna look fashion forward on a budget? Checkered vans. Need I say more?

2. White or Black Turtleneck

Honestly, I’m not sure if this is a trend or just me, but I think a simple turtleneck can really pull together any look. A black simple turtleneck with jeans and a fun necklace, boom, instant trendsetter.

3. Jean Jacket

A jean jacket is an essential piece in any wardrobe. Wanna wear a simple t-shirt but it looks too boring? Spice her up with a jean jacket sis!

4. High-Waisted Mom Jeans

Okay, these are a personal favorite. Like, sorry skinny jeans, move out of the way sis, mom jeans are back and I’m here for it. Honestly, any crop top looks so good with high-waisted mom jeans. So if you’re a crop top connoisseur like myself, invest in some mom jeans and you won’t regret it.

5. Fanny pack

Now this one is a stretch, but trust me. If the 90s are truly back and in action, you MUST have a fanny pack to complete the look. They hold your phone and gum, and if you style it just right then it’s killer. Don’t hate the fanny pack, hate the game.

Now listen to me, I’m not a beauty guru, fashion blogger, etc; but I do love my 90’s looks. So, if you’re looking for a simple piece to really spice up that wardrobe, these are the items for you!!

Lexie is a marketing & music gal, who enjoys listening to Taylor Swift, drinks an alarming amount of cold brew & loves going to concerts!