5 Best Hallmark Movies to get you in the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

You either love them or hate them but you gotta love the fact that these movies always end in a happily ever after. If you’re in the mood to watch a light hearted cheesy Christmas movies, these are the ones for you.

1. A Royal Christmas​

You may remember Lacey Chabert from her icon role as Gretchen from Mean Girls but in this movie you see her as Emily Taylor, a woman from Philadelphia who learns her seemingly normal boyfriend is actually a prince. She has to struggle to win his mother’s approval but you get to see all the cutesy moments between the main couple play out and it’ll leave you wishing you had a prince of your own.

2. My Christmas Love

You get to see the classic friends to lovers trope play out in “My Christmas Love” and get all in your feels about wanting a best friend to fall in love with.

3. Matchmaker Santa

This one will really get you in your feels with the twist on falling in love with your best friend’s SO. This is another Lacey Chabert Christmas movie but I couldn’t not put it on this list, any Lacey Chabert Christmas movie is a winner.

4. Snow Bride

This one is your classic fake dating during the holidays movie but the twist is that the main character Greta Kane is actually a gossip news reporter who has to report on the family of the guy she’s fake dating.

5. Best Christmas Party Ever

If you’re into Christmas party settings and the frenemies to lover trope this is the one for you.

I'm an English Major at JMU with a concentration in Creative Writing. I'm also minoring in Spanish to English Translation Interpretation and plan to work as an Editor for a publishing house after college.
School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.