Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Products You Need in Your Makeup Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.
We are constantly bombarded with advertisements for beauty products, and with so many products on the market, it can be hard to pick just one. Here are some of my favorites that I think should be essentials in any girl’s makeup bag!
1.   Urban Decay Primer Potion
Known as the most legendary eye shadow primer in the industry, this is definitely a product worth splurging on. It lasts all day, prevents creases, and makes any eyeshadow look more pigmented and vibrant. The original formula dries invisibly but Eden, Sin, and Greed have sheer tints that can even be worn by themselves as shadow or highlighter.
2.   Wet N Wild Eyeshadow palettes
These palettes are fairly cheap, but are great quality! They include a wide range of colors that can complement any eye color. They’re also pigmented and blend easily. By themselves they can create a natural look, but with a good primer underneath, they look bold and dramatic.
3.   Real Techniques Blush Brush
This brush is great for blending blush. It distributes powder evenly and deposits a buildable amount so you don’t get streaks. The bristles are densely packed but ultra-soft and won’t shed a hair. It can be held at an angle to cover a wide area or you can use the tapered tip to create a thinner line.
4.   L’Oreal Infallible Lacquer Gel Liner
This gel liner is amazing! The applicator applies it smoothly without any tugging. It lasts a long time and doesn’t flake or smudge. It creates a bolder, darker line than a pencil and lasts longer than liquid liner. The brush is easy to control and can be used on its side to create a thick line or used on its tip to wing out the ends for a cat-eye look.
5.   NYX Lipsticks
Beauty gurus are raving about these lipsticks. Each collection of NYX Lipsticks glides on smoothly, has incredible staying power, and is highly pigmented. They come in a variety of shades to look great on any skin tone, from natural hues to bolder, fun hues.