Style

5 Back to School Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Do you ever feel as if you don’t have enough time in the mornings or the necessary closet essentials to assemble a cute outfit for class? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Dressing nice doesn’t have to mean spending tons of time or money perfecting every detail of an outfit. Looking presentable can be very simple — it all comes down to the basics.

Midi Skirt

Pairing a midi skirt with a sweater, tee or tank is a great outfit for going to class or even meeting a friend for lunch. You can dress this outfit up or down depending on your accessories and shoes.

T-shirt dress

A t-shirt dress is perfect for those days when you wake up late and only have 15 minutes to get dressed, make breakfast, and get out the door. It’s effortlessly cute and comfortable.

Basic Tee

A basic tee is definitely a wardrobe staple. Try pairing one with your favorite pair of jeans and some gold jewelry.

Blazer

Blazers are so trendy this fall. I love them because you can pair one with literally any outfit, from a tee and biker shorts to a button down and chinos. Blazers are the perfect way to tie an outfit together.

Oversized Shirt

Let’s be real, oversized shirts aren’t the cutest thing in the world but we all still wear them. Next time, try accessorizing with gold hoops and layered necklaces or some fun sun glasses. You’ll give off more of an Instagram influencer vibe than an “I just rolled out of bed” kind of look.

School of Media Arts and Design student with a concentration in Interactive Design. Campus Correspondent for the JMU chapter of Her Campus, Campus Coordinator for Rent the Runway on Campus, and Social Media Marketing Intern for Auntie Anne's.