The 10 Stages of Going to a Frat Party as an Upperclassman, as Told by Donald Trump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

There’s something about freshman year that will remain forever crystallized by a little shamble-yness, a lot of laughs and even more lessons. It was the best of times and occasionally, the worst of times, as we all figured out how to navigate the college landscape. However, like that guy from your GHUM class that you hooked up with, some things should stay in freshman year. Here are the 10 stages of going to a frat party as an upperclassman.

1. The “Line ‘Em Up” Stage

It wouldn’t be a frat crawl without a synchronized bottoms up.

2. The “Freshman Year Flashback” Stage

It only takes one whiff of that $13 raspberry vodka to realize that it smells like every mistake you’ve made since freshman year.

3. The “I Should’ve Worn Sweatpants” Stage

Was walking to a party always this cold?

4. The “Why is This Floor So Sticky” Stage

There’s something keeping your feet stuck to the basement floor and you’re 99% certain it isn’t leftover gum.

5. The “Now I Know Why This Floor Is So Sticky” Stage

After one beer bath too many, you remember exactly why that floor is so sticky.

6. The “Can You Turn It Down?” Stage

Don’t these youngins have eardrums?

7. The “Do I Look as Old as I Feel?” Stage

You can’t tell if you’re just getting older or if everyone has somehow found the secret to avoiding aging.

8. The “I’m Old Enough to be Your Mother” Stage

You are further reminded of your senior status when a boy who looks no older than twelve asks if you’re up for a dance.

9. The “Is It Too Late to Do Popcorn and a Movie?” Stage

You’re not quite sure what compelled you to take a trip down memory lane, but you’re wishing you’d just stuck to your routine instead.

10. The “This is More Like It” Stage

Popcorn? Check. Netflix? Check. Sweatpants? Triple check.

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.