10 Spooky Podcasts That Will Get You In The Mood For Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Halloween is creeping up and there is no better way to get into the mood than by listening to a spooky podcast. Here are 10 podcasts for when you have time to kill this spooky season.

Crime Junkie

Crime Junkie is the perfect podcast for those of you who are obsessed with all things crime-related. Hosted by childhood best friends Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat, Crime Junkie’s suspense-filled episodes will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Crime Junkie is my current obsession that I have been binging all Halloween season. It’s suspenseful murder stories, mysterious missing cases and engaging investigation stories are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit.

The NOSleep podcast

The NoSleep Podcast is one of the spookiest horror fiction podcasts to listen to this Halloween season. The host of the podcast, David Cummings, uses his storytelling abilities to tell weekly horror stories that are meant to frighten listeners. Remember, these are horror stories that are intended to frighten and disturb. They contain explicit language and graphic content and feature a cast of talented voice actors, creepy atmospheric music and sound effects to enhance the frightening tales.

Haunted Places

The Haunted Places podcast will take you into a new haunted location each week to that will give you goosebumps. This podcasts allows you to visit the world’s most haunted destinations and find out what happens when a soul leaves the body, but doesn’t leave the grounds.

Each episode, the podcast host takes you to the world’s most haunted destinations and tells its story with a blend of history and creepy sound effects.

Jim Harold’s campfire

Jim Harold’s Campfire podcast is like huddling around a campfire listening to people tell scary stories. This podcast allows people from all around the world to call in and tell their own true tales of their encounters with paranormal activities and haunting memories.

The Scaredy cats horror show

Alex Goldman and PJ Vogt host their unique podcast named The Scaredy Cats Horror Show. Alex is a horror movie lover, while PJ is a horror movie scaredy cat. Each week Alex and PJ watch the world’s scariest horror movies together and discuss them. The two of them show that even horror haters can find that they enjoy fear.

Unexplained

Unexplained is a haunting story-based podcast in which the host, Richard MacLean Smith, explores a different unexplained mystery each week. Richard tells the tales of eerie, bizarre, and strange events, such as chilling unexplained deaths. It examines what’s real and what isn’t, but the real question Richard asks is – can we ever be certain?

Dateline

Dateline NBC is the perfect podcast for crime investigation lovers. The podcast explores mysterious true-crime stories, powerful documentaries, and insight into the investigations. It has a journalistic approach to unraveling crimes and investigations that will leave you in suspense.

Into the dark

Into The Dark Is a little different than the podcasts we have already explored so far because it is about witchcraft. Cooper B. Wilhelm hosts the Into The Dark podcast and he is an occultist, meaning he possesses supernatural beliefs that fall outside of the scope of science and religion and usually involve magic, sorcery, and mysticism. This podcast features interviews with practitioners and scholars of witchcraft and the occult arts.

Strange Phenomenon

Strange Phenomenon is a paranormal documentary podcast hosted by Ray Tarara. It features expert and eyewitness interviews and delves into events and anomalies that appear to be beyond the realm of conventional scientific understanding.

Pretty Scary

Pretty Scary covers all things that are scary, like aliens, true crime, conspiracy theories, ghosts, and more. Listen to comics Adam Tod Brown, Kari Martin and Cindy Aravena as they bring humor to everything from true crime cases to conspiracy theories to the unexplained.

As My Favorite Murder podcast hosts, Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, would say –

Stay sexy and don’t get murdered

Meredith is a recent college graduate and PR professional who loves writing about all things beauty, lifestyle, health, wellness, and pop-culture. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can catch her going on long walks, playing with her two dachshunds, or catching up on her latest TV obsession, Law and Order.