alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Signs You’re More Excited to See Your Pets Than Your Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

For anyone who has pets, the hardest part about going back to school is saying goodbye to them. Usually those farewells are more tear-filled and Oscar-worthy than the ones given to your actual human siblings. If you’re feeling the “I Miss My Dog” blues and can’t wait for spring break to start, here are ten signs it’s because you’re more excited to see your pets than your family

1. Your cat video quota is up 5 hours from last week.

2. You feel absolutely no remorse when your professor catches you staring at pictures of bulldogs in party hats instead of copying down lecture notes.

3. Pets have infiltrated your mind so much that your password for everything is ‘dogsdogsdogs2.’

4. You actually start to tear up every time a quad cat lets you close enough to pet it.

5. And that single tear turns into a waterfall as they run away just as you’re about to do so.

6. The dream where you found your dog snuggled up in little spoon position next to you is the best one you’ve had in weeks.

7. You’ve sent forty-eight texts to your mom in the last two minutes and all of them say, “Send me pics of the dog pls.”

8. When people ask if you have any plans for spring break, you unashamedly reply, “Yes, cuddling on the couch with my dog/cat until it’s time to come back.”

9. The only reason you’ve FaceTimed your parents in the past three weeks is to catch glimpses of your pet in the background whenever they switch the camera to show you how much redecorating they’ve done.

10. You spend the countdown to spring break reminding yourself that as soon as you walk through the door and see your favorite furry friend, all the waiting will have been worth it.

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!