sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reasons why Summer is the Best Season Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Summer. Ever since I can remember, summer was always the highlight of every year. Here’s a few reasons why it is truly the best season of all time.

1. No Class

Even though JMU is the all time best school ever (Go Dukes!), everyone loves having no class and being able to do whatever, whenever!

2. Nice Warm Weather

Do I have to mention this obvious one?

3. The Beach

Because a Corona with lime and the sound of the waves hitting the shore is truly the most blissful thing.

4. Insta Opportunities

Endless pictures of being in a sundress with your Starbucks with a gorgeous summer sunset in the background. Goals AF!

5. Farmer’s Markets!

One of my favorite things about summer is all of the fruits and vegetables that are in season. Farmer’s Markets are an awesome way of getting these yummy goodies while buying local!

6. Summer Jobs = Mo Money

Everyone loves having a little extra money to spend at Sephora!

7. Travel

Travel. Travel. Travel. Whether it be to the next town or the next continent, summer is always the best time to experience new cultures and see new sights!

8. Ice Cream

Need I say more?

9. Fourth of July

The Fourth of July: a time to celebrate being an American, have cookouts, and watch fireworks when the sun sets.

10. Time to Get Organized

Summer is always the time of year when I can get my life and priorities organized before the first week back at JMU. From moving back into the dorms or apartment, summer gives you the ultimate break before the stress of next semester begins!

Senior English Major with a concentration in Creative Writing. Proud dog mom that consumes too much green tea. Planning to attend Graduate School for Strategic Public Relations and Digital Media. 
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.