10 Best Signs From ESPN’s College GameDay at JMU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

This past homecoming weekend at was one for the books. ESPN’s College GameDay graced our lovely campus. Students, families and alumni alike were all there to take part in JMU history. One of the most popular aspects of College GameDay is for fans to make clever signs in order to steal some screen time. While there were many that made us laugh out loud, here are ten (in no particular order) that were the most worthy of their five seconds of fame.

1. Todd McShay Gives Apples on Halloween

2.  McShay Loves Being the Lil Spoon

3. Richmond Eats Unfrosted Poptarts

4. “Lil B, Please Bless Us” -James Madison, 1812

5. The Moment You Realize You Should’ve Gone to JMU

6. Richmond Still Uses Myspace

7. Made This, Got An Art Degree From UofR

8. U of Richmond Tonight… “I made it with my tears.”

9. Hire Me

10. Win or Lose, At Least We Don’t Go To UVA

Despite the Duke’s football loss, we are clear winners of spirit (and creativity) for ESPN’s College GameDay. That’s how we do it here at JMU!

Yasmine is a senior at James Madison University majoring in writing, rhetoric and technical communication. Half-Italian and half-Palestinian, she was born and raised in Herndon, VA. Her favorite shows include New Girl, The Office, and Law and Order: SVU. During the school year, Yasmine writes for publications such as Potty Mouth, Port & Main Magazine, The Breeze, and Health Greatness, in addition to Her Campus. She is also involved in many clubs around campus, such as Muslim Student Association, SafeRides, and Make Your Mark On Madison. She has a passion for writing and hopes to begin her career as a fashion journalist after college. 
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.