Wholesome Family Fun in Baltimore and the Surrounding Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Are your parents coming into town? Don’t know what to do with them? Here’s what I did with my family over spring break.

I took them apple picking at Brown’s apple orchard about an hour outside of the city.  There are many apple orchards around here and it’s a very fun activity! We also went to a nearby corn maze which was a good bonding experience.

We also went into DC for a day.  It’s super easy to get there, just an $8 Marc Train ticket and you’re on your way! For food we went to brunch at Busboys and Poets which I highly recommend.  We went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural HIstory which was very interesting and features the Hope Diamond, among other things.  We also spent some time walking around DC and walked to the White House.  There are so many things to do in DC, you won’t run out of activities!

Of course, most of the rest of my time was spent eating delicious food.  We went to Mama’s on the Halfshell in Canton for dinner on their last night here and the crabcakes were incredible!!

There are so many fun things to do with family when they come into town, get out of the Hopkins bubble and have some fun!

Campus Correspondent for Johns Hopkins University Dog and sunflower lover