Three Local Nail Salons: Perfect for a Post-Exam Reward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

With it being the thick of midterm season here on campus, everyone is in the mid-semester slump.  It can be difficult to motivate yourself to go to class or to go to the library and study for exams.  I have found that sometimes just taking a break from all the school work with a friend can actually make me better able to focus for the rest of the day.  One of my favorite things to do to relax is to get my nails done.  I love a good gel manicure, so I thought I would share few good nail salons to check out nearby:

1. QQ Nails and Spa: 1007 W 36th St A, Baltimore, MD 21211 – This is great for a quick getaway, it’s right next to campus in Hampden which is a short 15 minute walk.  They can almost always help you out immediately.

2. Kim’s Day Spa: 1137 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230 – This is a little further from campus in Canton, but is totally worth it if you have a little extra time.  They offer each customer a glass of wine with any regular manicure or pedicure, and also offer a gel nail option.

3. ManiLux Nail Care & Spa: 711 W 40th St #159 – I haven’t actually been to this location yet, but they are a new salon in the Rotunda (a shopping center just outside Hampden) and has 3.2 stars on google, definitely worth checking out.

Campus Correspondent for Johns Hopkins University Dog and sunflower lover