Spring Fair 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Spring Fair is the best time of the year at Hopkins–this is a fact. The people who like to hide on D Level finally appear and tan on the beach or venture onto the Freshman Quad for some Chicken on Stick. Everyone is out and about and enjoying themselves. I mean, who wouldn’t? We have a fair on our campus.

It all starts with the fireworks show during the Kickoff Party. This event is well known for the fireworks and the deadly stampede for a coveted spring fair tank. Everyone wants one, but almost no one gets them. If you do, that mean’s you get to flaunt it, and you know everyone else is jealous. 

The next step is to brave the food trucks and wait in the long lines for Chicken on Stick, not Chicken on “A” Stick (that would be a freshman mistake).

To quench your thirst from all your chicken, you then have to head to the soda cart for the unlimited refills of soda (plus the mug is super cool).

Then to round out your meal you digest in line for the ice cream cones (my favorite Spring Fair truck)!

Your next choice is simple. If you’re 21+ you head to the Beer Garden, and if you’re under you head to the Beach. Either place is great for tanning, chatting with friends, and listening to great music!

And then the day ends with either a relaxing shopping trip through the vendors on the Gilman Quad, or to a trip to the kids section for carnival rides, sweet treats, or a petting zoo!

Photos Courtesy of: Jorge Alvarado, Jade Hsiao, Grace Baek, Lindsay Kiernan, Rudy Fernandez, and Naomi Joyce Rodgers