This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

For those of you not vacationing, visiting friends, or going to see family, spring break can be more of a drag than a break. However, staying on campus doesn’t have to be boring, and it can actually be a very productive time. Even if you don’t have many friends staying close to Hopkins, these are six things that can make your break worthwhile and even help make the rest of the semester easier!

Clean out your closet and dorm/apartment: So, this isn’t very fun, but it’s something we all tell ourselves we all tell ourselves we will eventually get around to doing. Now, with no (or less) homework, and possibly your roommates out of the way, is the perfect time to do it. Get ready for move out by putting away clothes you won’t be wearing the rest of the semester. Or, if you aren’t moving out in the summer, take this time to Marie Kondo your room and make your space neater, which will definitely make you love spending time in your room just a little bit more.

Have a movie/ game night: If you really can’t find anyone on campus to do this with, it still works fine! However, use this as a chance to contact people you don’t usually talk to but that are also on campus. Organizing the movie or games will keep you busy, and it’ll make any night on campus more fun. You can do this on multiple nights and rotate with those involved so everyone picks a movie or game.

Take the MARC train to D.C: The MARC costs $16 to ride to and from D.C, and on weekdays there a lot of times throughout the day so you don’t have to spend the whole day there if you don’t want. D.C has a lot to offer, so even if you’ve been to all the museums, there’s probably a new exhibit or activity happening. Additionally, there are ton of cool restaurants, and odds are you haven’t seen all of them.

Go to New York for a Night: If you’re okay with three to four hours on a train, going to New York is totally doable. Again, this is a chance to invite people you might not be super close to. This is especially fun if you haven’t been to New York before, or haven’t seen a lot of the city because it’s hard to find time to go during the rest of the semester.

Do an escape room in Inner Harbor: Charm City Clue Room has four different rooms, and you don’t need to have a big group to do it. It fills up an hour, and there are a lot of restaurants within walking distance to eat after. It’s something different than the movies or the activities near campus, but you can still take the circulator, making it an easy outing.

Go to the Edgar Allen Poe House and Museum: This is a quick outing that can offer something different and interesting. This will also give you a chance to see more of Baltimore, and will make for a fun day exploring a less frequented museum among Hopkins students.

I am a sophomore at JHU majoring in international studies and history.