This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Name: Sarah Manzone

Major, Year: Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Double Minoring in Economics and Entrepreneurship and Management

Hometown: Glen Head, NY (Long Island)

Affiliated with: Phi Mu

You can probably find me…on C Level!!!

The best thing about Hopkins is…that intelligent and driven people surround me. The culture makes me want to work that much harder, and be that much more successful! I’m always amazed that everyone wants to do well, yet they also want to help one another, which is rare at such a prestigious institution.

Something I’m especially proud of is…how active Phi Mu is on campus, and our dedication to philanthropy! We host two huge fundraisers per year. Mr. Phi Mu is in the Fall, which benefits the Katie Oppo Research Fund, and Pastathon is in the Spring, which benefits Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, our national philanthropy, both of which raise over $5,000!

Something most people don’t know about me is…I have three older brothers, one of whom lives in Tokyo! I also have a niece and a nephew!

This year, I hope to…succeed in my internship this summer!

Next up for me is…surviving midterms and finals!

How has Greek Life shaped your Hopkins experience? I think it’s definitely benefited by overall experience at Hopkins. I always have familiar faces to wave to on campus, both in Phi Mu as well as other organizations. It has offered me an amazing network of people I can reach out to for career and class advice, which are so essential to succeeding at Hopkins. I’ve picked up plenty of leadership skills, which I think will be transferrable in the future!

What skills has this leadership position given you? I’ve definitely improved my conflict management, and problem-solving skills. It’s also taught me to maintain a clear head, and to be open – not everything goes as planned!

What is your favorite thing about Greek life? I really like our dedication to philanthropy, and leadership – it’s a huge part of why I joined Greek Life in the first place!

What are your career ambitions and how has your experience in Greek life helped shape that? I hope to be on Wall Street in the future, and I’ve DEFINITELY used plenty of connections in my own chapter, as well as other organizations on campus, to better prepare me for interviews, and to give me career advice! I’m not so sure I’d have my internship with out the help of those I’ve connected with through Greek Life.