This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Let’s face it: life and all its craziness demands caffeine at some point or another. How else could you get through the long days of going to work, going to meetings, holding leadership positions, studying, AND finding time to enjoy your life? The good news is that Hopkins has some on-campus options to make you feel like you can get through your day. Hopefully, my review of all the places to get some coffee makes your exhaustion fade even just a little. 

Brody Café: This is the classic coffee and snack spot for many students. Conveniently located on the top floor of the library (to encourage students to never leave the library), Brody Café serves coffee until midnight. The café usually has long lines in between common class times, but the servers are typically pretty fast if you’re ordering something simple. Lattes and sandwiches can easily take up to 5-10 minutes so budget your time! Overall, the convenience outweighs the taste, which is pretty bland for coffee. But always a good quick option! 

Mudd Café: The study vibe in Mudd is great for early mornings before it gets too crowded. The high ceiling and rocking chairs add a level of comfort that not many places on campus have. It’s the place to get last-minute cramming in before you have an exam. The café serves the same coffee and food options as Brody but usually is not quite as busy. 

Levering Café: This café is oh so nicely located right above levering dining halls so definitely swoop on down and get some of the new and famous Butterfly tacos! Levering Café also allows dining dollars so this is the place to go if you’re on a meal plan. 

Café Alkimia: This café is located in the beautiful Gilman Hall. Gilman houses all of the humanity departments and reflects a literary vibe. The space is absolutely stunning with gorgeous white suspended sculptures hanging from the roof. The vibe is definitely worth the more expensive coffee. 

Bird in Hand: Hands down the best coffee AND best study spot! This coffee shop even doubles as a bookstore. This little gem now even serves wine for when you’re done with your work and want to curl up with a good book!

I am a senior Computer Science and Cognitive Science student who is passionate about writing!