This week's Snapshot is brought to you by the lovely Tyana Warren, a sophomore and Phi Mu sister at Johns Hopkins. Make sure to check out more of her amazing photography at https://www.facebook.com/TyanaWarrenPhotography
"The annual JHU Powderpuff game, which has all five Panhellenic soroties play flag football against eachother, is an event aimed at raising money and awareness for the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV). It is a wonderful example of girls from different sororities coming together to compete, in the friendliest way possible, for a great cause."
- The ladies of Phi Mu's Gamma Tau chapter.
- A couple of teammates from Alpha Phi's Zeta Omicron Chapter
- The team of Kappa Kappa Gamma Eta Epsilon Chapter
- The ladies of the Zeta Chi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta
- EDIT: We wanted to include a team photo Pi Beta Phi. This image was contributed by one of the Pi Phi sisters.
- Phi Mu vs. Theta. This picture is funny in that I feel a lot of people outside of Panhel see the sororities like this!
- Kappa and Pi Beta Phi getting ready to battle it out for the trophy.
- Phi Mu high fives Theta after a really tough game. As soon as the players left the field, it was back to jokes and laughter.
"After the game, it was really fun to hang out and grab something to eat with my friends from different sororities. Being a part of an organization should not and will not limit the friendships you make in college. If I could give any advice to those who are thinking of rushing here at Hopkins, it's this: Come in with an open mind. Any sterotypes you might have coming in will only hold you back from meeting your (possible) future sisters. Every sorority here wants to be the best -- that's natural -- but in a way that promotes personal growth and a better sisterhood." -Tyana Warren