Iced Chai Tea Lattes of Hopkins Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Written by Emily Kwan

1. Levering Cafe: I’m not going to lie, this chai latte was terrible. It was the color of milk and all the spices sunk to the bottom. Unless you have dining dollars there is no reason to spend your hard-earned $3.95 on a chai latte from Levering Cafe.
  2. Brody Café-there was more milk than chai tea in the latte that I ordered, which proved to be an inferior proportion. Also, there were settled brown spices that gave you a mouthful of sweetness overload every time you happened to sip from the bottom.  The location is convenient, but save your $3.71 for something less disappointing. (2/5)
  3. Alkimia-My friend Rachel’s reaction to the color of this iced chai was “oh, you got iced milk?” This was not an unwarranted response, seeing as the color of my drink was only one shade away from white. But don’t let the unsettling color scare you! There are definitely spices in this latte, although they resemble cinnamon more closely than they do chai. This cost $4.49, so if you’re trying to ball on a student budget, look elsewhere-this glorified cinnamon milk is not for you. (2.5/5)
  4. Daily Grind Mudd Hall-This rendition was surprisingly more satisfying than its counterpart in Brody. The spice to milk ratio was on point and so were the atrium vibes (glass windows!!!!). Point loss is due to the inconvenient location, I’m not really ever trying to be on freshman quad. (4.5/5)
  5. Starbucks-This chai had me feeling like that Justin Bieber tweet about being blessed. I truly will never take this for granted. The spice is not overbearing and the proportion is perfect. From a completely objective perspective, I’d say this is the greatest chai tea latte “on campus”. (5/5)