How to Fail Midterms in 10 Easy Steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

After an exhaustive polling of the student body here at Hopkins, we at Her Campus have determined the 10 best ways to underachieve on your upcoming midterms. With these tips, we guarantee the failing of midterms (but lets be honest—you’re probably going to fail anyway because this is Hopkins).

1.     Pretend that Netflix is only on “in the background.”

2.     If the book is open and you’re in the room, it definitely counts as studying.

3.     Start studying at 9 p.m. the night before your midterm.

4.     Tell everyone in your contact list about how hard/late you’re studying instead of starting actual work.

5.     Open your textbook for the first time the night before the midterm (see tip #3).

6.     Promise to study at 6 p.m. “Forget” to look at the clock until 6:03 p.m. and convince yourself it is better to wait an hour and start at 7:00 than to start at an odd time.

7.     Start studying in your bed, and then fall asleep after the first page you read.

8.     Take a well-deserved 30-minute break for each five minutes of productive studying.

9.     Go to A level. Socialize with your classmates for a few hours and call it a study group. 

10.    Write an article for Her Campus instead of studying for your eminent calc exam.

Photo: http://i5.dainikbhaskar.com/thumbnail/636×303/web2images/www.dailybhaska…

Class of 2019 student athlete dog lover Chipotle consumer
Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.