Fun Festival or Spring Fair Makeup!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Spring has sprung! Not only does that mean you can procrastinate the five projects you have by sitting outside, but it also means tons of new beauty releases. Right now festival themed beauty is definitely popular as Coachella and more outdoor music festivals begin. Here are some products (higher end and some drugstore alternatives) to help get your ~glow~ on!

1. Mac Strobe Cream ($33) – Apply under your foundation to add a luminescent undertone to your complexion all over or just apply to the high points of the face to add light to those areas.  

Drugstore Alternative: L’Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer ($12.99): Basically does the same thing but for less!!

1. Tarte Spellbound Sprinkle Face and Body Glitter ($15) – Feeling extra? The answer you’re looking for is probably glitter related. Apply this to eyes or cheeks to add a sparkle or even your shoulders and collarbone to be a glowing goddess.

Drugstore Alternative: NYX Face and Body Glitter ($5.99)-NYX has a range of great glitters (better for a sparkly eye in my opinion. However, I never find them when I go to Ulta or CVS in person, so I recommend getting them online.

1. Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops ($42) – This splurge-worthy product has been hyped for months online as its basically liquid metal in a bottle. A little does go a long way though and this liquid highlight comes in a range of shades, including a hip purple holographic one. Though I’m still personally saving up for this one, if you’re feeling it these are one of the best liquid highlights out there.
    1. Drugstore alternative: L’Oreal True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator ($12.99) – This product is an alternative that gives a very metallic finish. It can be mixed in with thicker foundations as it is cream based or dabbled onto the cheeks for a bold highlight.

For a fun YouTube review on Tarte’s Limited Edition Festival makeup check out one of my favorite bloggers – Tati – here.