This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

1. Name: Ryan Zaybekian

2.  Major/Year: 2016, International Studies

3.   Hometown: Frederick, MD

4.  Affiliated with: Chinese Student Association, JHEC (Johns Hopkins Entertainers’ Club), ROTC

5. What are some things you can do in JHEC? Spin staff, double staff, juggle, spin poi, and I’m trying to learn to breathe fire.

6.  You can probably find me… in the library or in the gym. Either doing readings, writing papers, or studying Chinese. [In the library], usually on B level. In the gym, usually running or in the weight room.

7.   The best thing about Hopkins is…* chuckles*—Some of the courses you can find here you couldn’t find anywhere else. National Security—several professors really knowledgeable on the subject.

8.   Something I’m especially proud of is… I’m not failing Chinese.

9.   Something most people don’t know about me is… I play classical piano. Follow up: Favorite song to play on the piano? Linus and Lucy, the theme from Charlie Brown.

10. Did anyone influence you to join the army? It’s kind of how I was raised….my mom’s an immigrant, she loves America, always telling [my sister and I] how lucky we were being born here.

11.   This year, I hope to… Do well in ROTC so I can get the branch in the army that I want (Infantry).

12.  In five years, I will be… A lieutenant in the army.

13. Fave hobbies: Reading, exercising, hanging out with my friends, playing video games.

14. If you could play the lead in any movie what would it be? Shawshank Redemption (“But I really don’t want to go to jail”).

15. Celebrity crush: Emma Watson. ‘Cuz she’s smart and she’s really hot. (Ed Note: Love that he put “smart” first—Ryan gets it)

16. Favorite nighttime snack: Sunflower seeds.

17. What is your biggest dream? As far as what I do after I graduate, I know I have to be in the army for four years. …At some point in my life I do want to get married and have kids. Get a job with one of the defense agencies (FBI, CIA, something like that), but I can’t say for sure.

18. Next up for me is…JHEC: we have a show Wednesday after Thanksgiving (December 3rd). There will be some fire there.

We love you, Ryan!