BREAKING: Trump supporter posts status defending decision

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Her Campus got the inside scoop on the courageous Facebook post from a Trump supporter defending his decision to vote for the President-Elect and voicing his frustration at those who “can’t get over that they lost.”

“It’s just so funny how these people don’t respect my beliefs,” Mike Jones told our reporter from his six-story home, looking over the ponies galloping through his land. “Like… you keep going on about other people’s rights – what about my rights, you know?”

When asked how he felt about being called a racist, he rolled his eyes.

“I’m not a racist,” the white man said in a shocking turn of events. “I have a black friend who works on another floor in my office-and a Hispanic woman who cleans my house. But like… their rights aren’t more important than my fiscal issues, right?”

When asked to describe a specific economic plan by President-Elect Trump he found appealing, Jones was confused by the question.

“What do you mean specific plan?” he demanded. “I mean… the reason I voted for him is just… I feel like he gets it, you know? Like… he’s not afraid to say what he thinks. And you can’t even take half of what he says seriously, so I don’t know why anyone gets offended!”

We then listed off what Trump has said in the past that the overly offended liberals would certainly spew at him (mocking a disabled reporter, bragging about sexual assault, saying a judge of Mexican descent had no business being on his trial), Jones showed no fear of the haters. “God these people are so politically correct. I mean, yeah those things are kind of rude, but I say worse things all the time. And like… people are acting like this is the end of the world. It’s not like the President of the United States of America has that much power anyway.”

We went on to ask Jones how he felt about the outpour of hate against people of color, immigrants, women, and homosexuals that spread across America after Trump’s election, and Jones shrugged and shared a great bit of advice, “I just don’t look at that stuff. Not happening to me, not my problem!”

To make sure we addressed all key points, we asked Jones how he felt about Trump’s recent appointments to his staff, including Steve Bannon, head of a white supremacist media outlet. Jones responded, “Who?”

HerCampus would like to thank Mike Jones for his leniency in allowing a women’s organization to interview him, as women only have business in the kitchen in this new America. 

JHU student, track runner, Alpha Phi sister, and coffee drinker