This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Hello! This week I’ve decided to review a few products by a popular drugstore makeup brand, Maybelline. Here are a few Maybelline product reviews about some items I picked up recently from CVS:

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Light) – $6.99. I’ve heard a lot about this concealer so decided to try it. People have called it a cheaper dupe for the super popular Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. I think its more watery in consistency than the Nars concealer so it has a slightly more medium coverage as a concealer. I think its great when you want a more everyday makeup look as its great for brightening your under-eye circles, and not as much for covering blemishes. I would definitely set it with powder on top so it doesn’t crease or look cakey. Overall this is a great affordable medium coverage concealer, and it comes in a range of 6 shades which is nice.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation (130 Buff beige) – $7.99 This foundation is one of the more affordable ones I’ve seen even from drugstore brands. I like how there are two different finishes: the Dewy & Smooth for drier skin or the Matte & Poreless for more oily skin. The constistency is a little thick for a liquid foundation but it does have really great coverage. I would reccomment setting it with a powder so it isn’t tacky or cakey on the face. I would also apply it with any kind of damp beauty sponge to thin out the formula a little. I do think this is a great everyday makeup and it comes in a huge range of skin tones!

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadows – $6.99 I picked up three of these for doing my Halloween makeup a few weeks ago and they are super great long wearing crème gel shadows. I picked up bolder colors that I wouldn’t necessarily wear everyday (Tenacious Teal, Edgy Emerald and Silver), but I still really liked the formula. They are thick and the metallic finish is great and foiled without being glittery. They also worked great as a base to amplify any metallic shadows on layered on top. Its also easy to apply, just use your fingers!

Adjusting Beauty

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color (Nude Flush) – $7.99. These are Maybelline’s take on the liquid lipstick trend and I really like the one I picked up. It’s a great light pinky nude that works perfectly as an everyday shade for my skin tone. However, it is not like other matte liquid lipsticks as it doesn’t dry down fully, but still has a matte finish once it’s applied. I actually like this a lot since its very soft and comfortable to wear so it would dry out your lips or crack. The drawback is it came off as I ate my Honeygrow stir-fry so you do need to reapply it throughout the day and it does transfer. Great lipstick, with a nice sweet scent, for someone looking for a comfortable formula.