Three months ago I decided to give up sugar during the week. There are obvious pros and cons to this (the con being that sometimes I just want a cookie) but here’s why you should give it a try!
1. You only have to do it for five days, or even just four (if you feel like counting both Friday and Sunday as weekend days).
2. It’s healthy! Ideally, the healthiest situation would be to give up sugar altogether, but let’s be real, that’s a little extreme.
3. You start to crave sugar less and less. After a couple of weeks, it just becomes routine!
4. It’s not a clean break, and knowing that the end is in sight makes sticking to it that much easier.
5. You get really creative with desserts (life hack: golden raisins start to taste really sweet – I put them in everything!).
6. When you go out on weekends, you can treat yourself to a scrumptious dessert and not feel the least bit guilty about it!
Keep in mind, ladies, that the third day is always the hardest. So if you make it past Wednesday, it’s smooth sailing from there on out!