Tove Lo, concert, pit, crowd,
Tove Lo, concert, pit, crowd,
Savanah Holguin

What It’s Like to See Tove Lo in Concert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Recently, The Fillmore has been having a lot of cool artists playing at their venue. Recently, (Feb 9th) Tove Lo was performing! At first, I was unsure if I was going to go because it was on a Sunday and I had class the next day, my first anatomy test was that coming Tuesday, and I also wasn’t sure if I would find a friend willing to go with me. I’ve known about her show at The Fillmore since September, and I am honestly one of her actual fans (I know that sounds super corny but what I am trying to say is that I listen to more than just her mainstream stuff). One of her most popular songs that a lot of people know is from forever ago (2014) and is called “Habits”, the original and Hippie Sabotage remix. Her tickets weren’t that expensive ($30) compared to others that I know who were also booked for the venue (Rex Orange County, Trippie Redd, Brockhampton). Tove Lo is Swedish which I think is really cool and a lot of people don’t know that about her. I was able to get pretty close for her concert which made the experience even better! I’m really glad I went because I knew I would have regretted it if I didn’t see her because who knows when she’s going to tour next! The one odd thing about this concert was definitely the crowd; there were a lot of older men there which would be fine if they were with their girlfriends, but they weren’t, so I was really thrown off by that. To be honest, I felt out of place which is really weird to say because I feel like Tove Lo’s fans are mostly young people…but we also are in Philly, so the demographics are really diverse. All in all, she absolutely KILLED it and I had so much fun. She’s so uncensored and unapologetically herself. She really knows how to put on a show. During one of her more erotic songs she even flashed the crowd! She’s a badass!!! If you haven’t heard of or listened to Tove Lo, DO IT! Give her a chance, she makes mostly pop/techno-ish music, a decent amount of her songs are sexually explicit and she sings about her sexuality sometimes. But she also sings about heartbreak, along with imperfect relationships and does a damn good job at it.

Here is a short list of her best songs that everyone should listen to at least once in their life!

*not in any specific order*

1. Come Undone

2. Mistaken

3. Really don’t like u

4. disco tits

5. don’t ask don’t tell

6. bitches

7. shedontknowbutsheknows

8. Talking Body

9. Say it – Flume feat. Tove Lo

10. Lies in The Dark (this one’s from 50 shades soundtrack so you know its steamy!!

Occupational Therapy student! I am an Aquarius, I love sleeping, music, and working out :)