assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

Valentines After Lunar – 2024 Love Predictions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Wednesday, February 14, 2024 — AKA Valentine’s Day. 

Just 4 days after Lunar New Year, I am faced with another big holiday – a day in which love is celebrated and displayed. As a way to commemorate both of the big events happening within a week of one another, I wanted to research the 2024 love fortunes for the Chinese Zodiac signs. This combines my Chinese culture and the western Valentine’s Day. 

RAT – Don’t rush the process!
This year is pretty unlucky for people born under the year of the rat. While opportunities may be few and between, I guarantee there will be something this year for them in terms of love. Whether this is finding “the one,” or getting proposed to, or simply forming a deeper connection with their partner, these individuals will need to keep their eyes open for these chances. Once they encounter these opportunities, they must remind themselves to take it slow and not rush anything. Yes, this may be a good opportunity that may not occur again, but remember to enjoy the process as well. 

OX – Communication is key!
Arguments will definitely occur, giving way to very turbulent relationships for those born in the year of the ox. Make sure you think before you speak as you never know when you may have accidentally hurt someone with your choice of words. I think the key to this year is apologizing, and using non accusatory language. Ensure those around you know your intention to prevent miscommunication. Remember, arguments are natural, but you must possess the ability to be able to traverse these conversations without hatred as well!

TIGER – Luckier during the opposite end!
If you are born in the beginning of the year, then love will strike near the end and vice versa. This is not to say that love will never occur during the months in which you were born, but the chances increase on the opposite end of the spectrum. This is to say that love will come unexpectedly, and this is not always a bad thing. Having too many important dates will become overwhelming for those born in the year of the tiger so spacing out anniversaries and birthdays is a good strategy. 

RABBIT – Marriage is on the horizon!
After years of being stricken by unluckiness, your luck is shifting upward. This year will be a gradual change in luck so maintain caution within the first few months of 2024, but start to open yourself up for opportunity and people in the second half of the year. Any major life changes like marriage and children or even getting into a relationship are just over the horizon, so I would just suggest being a little bit more patient. The best moment is just yet to come. 

DRAGON – Unlucky…
Unfortunately, those born in the year of the dragon will find minimal luck this year despite this year being the year of the dragon. This year will be filled with disruptions and many hurdles in terms of love. This may be failed dates, or even challenges to scheduling anniversaries and weddings. 2024 is the year to stay guarded and maintain,maintain, maintain. Don’t do anything too drastic nor change up your love life too much. However, I will suggest attending others’ weddings or support someone else through a relationship to offset this lack of luck. 

SNAKE – Keep it up!
Working hard will produce the results you dream of. This year is challenging in terms of love in a good way. Nothing will be easy, which will make the rewards ever more worth it. So when presented with an opportunity, do not hesitate to jump on it. Whether this is simply meeting new people or even having the opportune time to propose or even confess, please know that 2024 is the best year to do so. Take advantage of your luck, but never forget to maintain the work it took for you to even get to where you are. Don’t neglect what you have done in the past once you have achieved the reward or goal. 

HORSE – Travel!
Love will come with travel. So, explore and go out of your comfort zone to find love. It may not be the most traditional way of meeting others or falling in love, but I suggest that you do something or go somewhere alone or with a friend that you have never done before. If not just to deepen the bond with this friend, then just to meet someone new. Luck will come when traveling. Perhaps a proposal at a park you’ve never visited, or if you’re on the fence between having your wedding location between two places, pick the unfamiliar one!

GOAT – Look at what you have!
Love might just be closer than you think! Look to those closest to you: your friends, the classmate you see every day, or the cute person working in the Gallagher gym. Even if you are in a relationship, the thing that will improve your relationship is much more tangible that you may expect. Try out the cafe near campus, hike the Wissahickon, grab lunch at Common Thread. Do the things that are close by and stop looking outside of campus for love. I guarantee you that it will not fail. 

MONKEY – Start Now!
2024 is a good year to start looking if you haven’t started looking. As freshman or sophomores now, those born in the year of the monkey should start to settle down. No more flaking and ghosting, or having commitment issues. This year is the year where it will start to get more serious. After having a year to accustom yourself with campus life, this is the prime time to get into relationships or even confess. With Valentine’s Day, I suggest you get that special someone some chocolate or flowers and see their reaction. Make sure you seem genuine because you are!

ROOSTER – Wait a little, luck will find you!
This year is a relatively stable one for those born in the year of the rooster. Love will come, but it comes at the latter half of the year. So wait a little before getting into a new relationship or introducing a new aspect to your relationship. You need to let those ideas marinate a little and collect some money which you will also find luck in receiving this year. As they say, “money makes the world go around,” thus save during the first half of the year then splurge on love. 

DOG – Unlucky…
2024 is generally an unlucky year for those born in the year of the dog. Arguments with partners will ensure and so will many other problems regarding the process of finding love or maintaining it. Please keep in mind to not give up. This tumultuous period will provide you with the opportunity to do self-growth and to move on from whatever is holding you back. Keep a low profile this year and try to stay away from getting into relationships if not in one already. If you are in a relationship, then prepare yourself for what is coming for you. 

PIG – Slow down!
Those born in the year of the pig should slow down and enjoy the romance that is present in their lives. Hold the people dearest to you for longer and try not to sweat the small stuff – breathe during the good times and hold your breath during the hard times. Love will come easily for those born under the pig, but if you are looking for love, then I encourage you to go out more and make yourself noticeable to those around you. Slow down and be happy in the present, though so don’t go meeting a person and envisioning you and the other person in a relationship together already. That is simply unrealistic and you need to ground yourself in 2024.

Xiaoxin Li

Jefferson '27

Hello! My name is Xiaoxin and I'm currently a sophmore at Thomas Jefferson University studying health sciences and eventually medical lab sciences and biotechnology. I love cats and birds (weird combo, I know), k-pop, art, writing, and volleyball! I dabble a little in astrology and fashion, too. ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆