Life > Experiences

Top Ten Places To Travel To Around The World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Everyone has a travel bucket list, whether it is written in an elaborate document full of pictures, location descriptions, and itineraries or written in a list on a piece of lined paper, or if it is just simply in your mind. Below is a list of the top ten places around the world to travel to; some of these places may already be on your list, but others may be new places you can add to your list. This list is not ranked, but instead, all of the places mentioned are wonderful places to plan trips to.

1. Ireland – A country full of scenic views, including lakes, coasts, and mountains which can be seen in the Killarney National Park. There are cities like Dublin and small towns like Dingle, all of which make Ireland more charming to explore.
  2. Scotland – World famous for its stunning landscape, lively culture, whiskey distilleries, and beautiful lochs. Full of cities like Edinburgh with a historical culture like Edinburgh Castle, allowing travelers to explore the best of both worlds.
  3. Italy – A place that makes your stomach as full as your heart. Here travelers can experience Italian food in its most authentic version, rich history through landmarks like the Colosseum and Leaning Tower of Pisa, and picturesque Lake Como and the Amalfi Coast.
  4. Switzerland – The perfect place for adventurous people who can take advantage of the alpine climate for sports, enjoy delicious chocolate or warm fondue, and experience captivating cities and breathtaking train rides through nature.
  5. Argentina – A country that has stunning landscapes with opportunities like rock climbing or horse riding and vibrant city life in Buenos Aires. Travelers can visit world-famous landmarks like the Iguazú Falls, drink wine, and eat delicious food.
  6. India – A land that is truly unique because of its gorgeous landscapes, rich history full of traditions, world-renowned attractions like the Taj Mahal, and divine cuisine. Here there is diversity in every corner of the country as there are people of various religions and cultures living next to each, truly allowing for a cultural experience. 
  7. Japan – A country well known for its technology, like bullet trains, food like ramen and sushi, and scenic views like Mount Fuji and the cherry blossoms. That’s not all; this country is known worldwide not only for its pop culture, including manga, anime, and video games, but also for architecture, traditions, and crafts.
  8. Bora Bora – This is an island paradise in French Polynesia and a go-to honeymoon location. A place where you can live in overwater bungalows at night while exploring the gorgeous water during the day. The perfect place to relax and enjoy the world around you.
  9. Jordan – The home to some of the most ancient cities like Amman and Petra, beautiful views like the Jordan Valley landscape and the seascape of the Dead Sea. This is another place for adventurous people to experience by taking part in desert adventures, deep sea diving, and more.
  10. Tanzania – A great travel location to explore the astounding wildlife through safari expeditions, enjoy the views of Mount Kilimanjaro or Zanzibar beaches, and experience the culture of the ethnic groups living there.

All of these countries are beautiful in their own right and well worthy of a visit like many other countries not mentioned. I hope the traveler in every reader takes this list as a push to plan their next adventure and create lifelong experiences and memories.

Vrunda Raj

Jefferson '27

A writer who hopes to inspire and inform people with her words and thoughts. I enjoy writing about food, current world events, research topics and a multitude of other subjects.