This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

TikTok is a place to find many easy recipes that we don’t normally think of. One that
goes viral every fall and winter is the baked oats recipe. Whether you are a breakfast
person or not, this is a perfect healthy mid-day snack. There is absolutely nothing
wrong with a plate full of waffles or pancakes, but if you are a person who wants
something on the healthier side and for it to not taste horrible, these oats are perfect!

Ingredients:
½ ripe banana
½ cup of oats
1 egg
¼ cup milk (your choice of milk)
1 tablespoon honey
Chocolate Chips

Directions:
1. Blend all of the ingredients together (except the chocolate chips).

2. Put your blend in an oven-safe dish, and put your chocolate chips on top

3. Bake for about 20 mins at 350°F

Tips:

Some people prefer to not put the 1 tbsp of sweetener (honey), but personally, the oats don’t taste that good without it.

Also, the banana being ripe is key or else the baked oats are going to taste like egg.

Add whatever you want! So many people have made this recipe on TikTok, making different tweaks and adjustments. Here is the link to the original TikTok if you want to check it out: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8kxnqYR/

Jasleen Multani

Jefferson '26

I am a Thomas Jefferson student majoring in Biochemistry.