This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

In my opinion, the most important thing for everyone to learn in their lifetime is how to love themselves deeply, unconditionally, and forever-more! Something small that goes a long way and can be used every single day to inspire self-love is the use of crystals! Crystals are a huge part of my self-care and self-love routines, and I always have at least one crystal with me at all times lol! Over the years, I have acquired certain crystals that aid specifically in developing self-love.

The first crystal that comes to my mind when I think of self-love is the cliche, but amazing nonetheless, rose quartz. Rose quartz is a crystal that is solely meant to inspire more love in your life. It inspires all types of love ranging from self-love to romantic love and even love in friendships. Rose quartz is also known to garner compassion, and this can help you develop more loving compassion for yourself. Rose quartz is connected to the heart chakra and the throat chakra so it will help you speak loving and kind words to yourself.

The next crystal for taking on your adventure of growing your self-love is citrine! When looking at this yellow sunshine-hued crystal you can’t help but smile because of its radiating beauty. Citrine is connected to your crown chakra which directly aligns you with the highest version of yourself. This alignment allows you to release low vibrational energy and fully surrender your self-doubt.

Another crystal I recommend using on a self-love journey is rhodonite. Rhodonite aids in balancing your yin and yang energy and boosting self-confidence. Rhodonite is associated with your root and heart chakra which combines to make the energy of being grounded in unconditional love for yourself.

The final crystal I recommend is red jasper. Jasper comes in a lot of various colors including red, black, dalmatian, and fancy jasper. Red jasper is the fiery passionate version of this beautiful crystal which is why I recommend it for deep self-love. All jaspers are nurturing, healing, and grounding crystals. It can inspire an extremely nurturing relationship with yourself when working with this crystal.

Overall, I hope these crystals aid in your self-love journey. Even if you don’t believe in the witchy connotations of crystals, just going out of your way and treating yourself to something like a crystal is an act of self-love in my book!

Abigail Slawek

Jefferson '25

Abigail Slawek is a psychology and trauma counseling major at Thomas Jefferson University. She is obsessed with astrology, tarot cards, crystals, and all things witchy! Things she is passionate about are mental health, wellness, and self-love!