body images 2019 10 01 Zodiac 3png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 10 01 Zodiac 3png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Thanksgiving Food You Should Eat According to Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Thanksgiving break is all about cozying up, eating good food, and appreciating friends and family; socially distanced of course. This is the perfect opportunity for you to find that perfect seasonal dish based off your zodiac!

Aquarius- Pecan Pie

Aquarius tends to be shy and quiet but incredibly intellectual. They are deep thinkers and love helping others. Pecan pie is the perfect treat for Aquarius because it is traditional but with an added depth of caramel flavor. Additionally, it is an easy project to get the whole family involved!

Pisces- Pumpkin roll

Pisces are friendly and loving. They have deep emotional connections with many types of people as well as an understanding of the arts. Pumpkin role appeals to Pisces’ love for varying tastes because of its layers and contrasting flavor between pumpkin and cream cheese.

Aries- Spicy Honey-Glazed Carrots

Aries tend to be more outgoing and enthusiastic. They are always up to something and have 100% of their passion behind it. Inactivity is never an option with Aries! Spicy honey-glazed carrots embody this energy with its heat and vibrant color.

Taurus- Mashed Potatoes

Taurus is well-grounded and one of the most reliable signs of the zodiac. Mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish for Taurus because it is simple but reliable. It is hard to mess up making mashed potatoes, so they tend to be the “safety” dish at every Thanksgiving meal.

Gemini- Turkey (or protein)

Gemini tends to be emotional and unpredictable. With their emotional side they also like to get serious and deeply connected. Gemini is the turkey because it is oftentimes hard to judge when it is fully cooked, making it a variable. The turkey acts as the main filler on the table and acts as the glue for all the other flavors to come together.

Cancer- Green Bean Casserole

Cancer is extremely emotional and sentimental but has a tough outer barrier that makes it hard for people to really connect. The best dish for Cancer is the green bean casserole. It is a nostalgic dish that goes back to the mid 1950’s. However, to get to the “good stuff” you have to get through the crisp fried onion crust.

Leo- Jell-o Pretzel Salad

Leos are confident, dramatic, and hard to resist. Jell-O pretzel salad embody this energy perfectly in the way that it’s a sweet treat and hard to resist. It contains layers of different textures and a mix between sweet, salty, acidic, and fresh flavors.

Virgo- Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Virgo is very methodical and purposeful. Nothing is left to chance. Roasted brussels sprouts is the best dish for Virgo because they seem simple but take a careful eye to get just right. Undercooking leaves a bitter and hard brussels sprout while overcooking turns them to mush.

Libra- Cranberry Sauce

Libra is community based but give a peaceful and neutral energy. Partnership and sharing are very important to Libra. Cranberry sauce is the perfect side because it needs other dishes on the table to make it shine. It has a neutral taste that balances out anything salty or sweet with something tart and fresh.

Scorpio- Stuffing

Scorpio is truthful, passionate, and trustworthy. Stuffing is the perfect dish for Scorpio because it is full of flavor and has a comforting effect. Stuffing takes a lot of ingredients and love to make but the outcome is always worth the wait.

Sagittarius- Beverage (Champagne, wine, soda, etc.)

Sagittarius is curious and a floater. They are always wanting more in terms of experiences or new emotions. The role of the beverage in the Thanksgiving meal embodies the energy of Sagittarius because it is always being changed. One year you may prefer sparkling water, while the next you prefer juice. The experience always changes, but the enjoyment is still there.

Capricorn- Biscuit/Bread

Capricorn is very traditional and serious. They are independent and self-aware. The best Thanksgiving side dish for Capricorn is bread or a biscuit. Bread is the perfect addition to any meal by providing stability and a pallet cleanser. The taste is very simple but adds a lot to a meal.

Eating good food is always a highlight of the holiday season. Just remember to really appreciate those you’re eating with as well!

Mari Adamson

Jefferson '24

Mari is a 4th year at Jefferson University, majoring in health sciences and enrolled in the Pre-Physician's Assistant Program with a minor in Law. In her spare time she enjoys hiking and finding new places to eat. She also has a passion for photography and self-care!