September Top 5 List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

I’m the type of person who gets excited over little things, and with each month comes new obsessions! Here are just a few things on my love list for September.

1. Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks – I discovered these over the summer, and I’m for real about to change my relationship status to “taken,” because I’m in love! Vice lipsticks are super saturated, last for hours, and come in a huge range of fun colors. At $17, they can be a bit of a splurge, but they’re definitely well worth the price!

2. Florence + The Machine on Final Fantasy XV Soundtrack – So… I’m not much of a gamer, but I have a thing for soundtracks – yes, I’m a bit of a nerd sometimes. But to be fair, soundtracks make great background music for studying! Florence Welch is an incredible vocalist, and her rendition of “Stand by Me” by Ben King is a favorite!

3. Leather Backpacks –  I’ve been wanting one of these all summer, and have been eyeing my roommate’s for the past couple months! While they don’t often come in very practical sizes for design students like me, they’re great for city exploring, and if you pack light, they make really fashionable overnight bags. 

4. Kiwi Salsa – IMHO, salsa is literally the best thing ever. You can make so many varieties with such different flavor vibes! I discovered kiwi salsa recently because of a Hello Fresh recipe, and not only does it taste amazing by itself, but it also pairs nicely with meat dishes (I love it with fish or beef) and makes an easy (and tasty) addition to toast.  

5. Loose tanks – These are great go-to pieces during the summer when it’s too hot for anything else. They’re incredibly comfortable, easy to style, fairly inexpensive, and are often available in enough colors and prints to keep your wardrobe looking fresh. I purchased my personal favorite at Primark for only $6, and loved it enough that I got a second one in another print!

This is by no means a comprehensive list, but these are definitely some of the things I’ve been obsessed with! What kinds of things are you excited about for September? Let us know by leaving a comment on our September Top 5 Instagram post!

-XOXO, HC