Review on Boostin Bowls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Recently, I went to Boostin Bowls located in Manayunk on Levering Street. Boostin Bowls is an acai bowl and smoothie café. I’m pretty sure most people know what a smoothie is, and a lot are familiar with acai bowls. However, if you aren’t quite sure what an acai bowl is–you have definitely seen it on Instagram. Acai bowls are pure acai berries blended together in a thick frozen base topped with granola, different fruits, other toppings, and either honey, peanut butter, or Nutella. At Boostin Bowls, the menu is filled with a variety of different types of acai bowls each with different toppings. When I went, I ordered a bowl called “The Monkey Bowl.” This bowl is an acai based topped with granola, banana, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and coconut shavings. My favorite part about my Boostin Bowl is that I was able to customize my bowl to my liking. I’m not a fan of coconut shavings so instead of having that, I replaced it with peanut butter and added on strawberries instead of bananas to my bowl.

Now time to explain how good this bowl was. Wow. I finished it way too quickly because it was amazing. Now of course I had to take a picture before I dove in just because it’s too pretty not to take a picture. As everyone says, phone eats first! Yes, obviously it was a beautiful bowl, but I believe it tasted better than it looked. First off, the acai was a great frozen smooth blend of fruit that was a perfect mix between sweet and bitter. My personal opinion is that it may have been some of the best acai base I ever had! Next on my bowl was granola, a perfect crunch to the bowl. My toppings of strawberries, chocolate chips, and cacao nibs, was absolutely incredible and went so well with my acai. What I really think tied this bowl together was the peanut butter placed on top…O.M.G. That peanut butter really completed the bowl and it was a delicious blend. Highly, highly recommend adding peanut butter to your acai bowl, because it tasted amazing.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Boostin Bowls to a friend. Why?

This is a perfect opportunity to show friends, family, and the fans of Instagram what you are eating. It will make everyone jealous and you can flex a little bit that you eat healthy. Also, just taking a picture will help you remember how good the bowl tasted!

Words can’t describe how yummy Boostin Bowls tastes. It’s a perfect treat after a stressful day, a workout, or even if you’re just bored.

It’s not too expensive. My bowl was about $10, which I don’t think is extremely pricey, but of course I would like it to be cheaper. It was worth the money and Boostin bowls will definitely be getting my business again.

After reading my review on Boostin Bowls, and I convinced you to go give it a try, I promise you won’t regret it! If you read this and are thinking “I don’t think so” just go give it a try, there isn’t much to lose!!

Marissa Ryan

Jefferson '22

Hi everyone! I'm an Occupational Therapy Student who loves icecream, the beach, and dogs! woof!