Lately I feel like I make a new playlist every other day, and even still I feel like I need more. I want to make sure the soundtrack I have in the back of my day-to-day life is the perfect vibe for whatever I’m feeling. So, I make a million playlists for every nuanced emotion that I experience, and it’s very fun. Here are some of the playlists I’ve made, my rating of them, and a link to them on Spotify.
- </3: 10/10 – a solid heartache playlist, very sad.
- bedroom disco: 8/10 – I made this one recently, and I like it but it gets to be too peppy sometimes. but, it is great for dancing in your bedroom, so it serves its purpose. (Yeah, the children’s pop group XOMG Pop! is featured. Yes, I’m a JoJo Siwa stan.)
- exclusively non-romantic: 8/10 – I like this playlist, I remember the day I made it. I just wanted to not think about love or anything relating to it. but it could’ve been so much better than it is. still, it’s got some Certified Bangers, and I listen to it from time to time.
- i’m tired & it’s winter: 10/10 – my current go-to playlist. i was really tired of songs that were… happy? so i made this! “bedroom disco” was actually made after this one, because i do occasionally want to listen to upbeat songs, but it’s cold outside, it’s dark all the time, and somehow phoebe bridgers and cold weather just go together, alright?
- rage running: another 10/10 – i only run when i’m angry. great songs, great for getting anger out, solid playlist cover image.
- sunset on the highway: 10/10 – i forgot about this playlist! i remember driving home from campus last spring and nearly crying because the sunset was so beautiful, and it was the time of day when streetlights were turning on and for whatever reason, I thought it was so cool to see them turn on. gorgeous, gorgeous girls are highly emotional.
- unhinged teenage heartbreak! 9/10 – not as good as “</3”. more angry than sad. now’s a good time to mention that i have never been in a long term, committed relationship, and while i have broken my own heart a hundred times, i’ve actually not been “wronged” by anyone else lol.
- you&you&you: 10/10 – MY FAVORITE PLAYLIST. it’s love songs as well as songs i associate with someone very important to me :)