DIY Glitter Sequin Metallic Heart Pillow21jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
DIY Glitter Sequin Metallic Heart Pillow21jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ranking The V-Day Squishmallows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

As you well may know, thanks to the infamous social media platform, TikTok, Squishmallows have become one of the trendiest and most demanding items on the market. If you are not aware of what a Squishmallow is, a Squishmallow (created by Kellytoy) is an extremely soft plush toy directed at a child audience (teenagers and adults like myself can obviously enjoy them too though). Squishmallows have released collectible characters that are specifically Valentine’s Day themed! They are all so sweet, cute, adorable and would make for a fantastic gift for a girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband, daughter, son, niece, nephew, grandson, granddaughter, etc. I will be ranking them according to the ones that I personally like the best and think you should purchase for your loved ones.

Abby the octopus 

Abby is a pink octopus, with a glittery center and hearts embroidered onto the chest. Her eyes are closed and she is smiling. 

Every Squishmallow has a description on the tag and Abby’s reads “This water enthusiast takes her passion to the next level as the Head Lifeguard at a waterpark! Monitoring slides and ensuring Squishmallows’ safety is kind of Abby’s thing. At closing time, Abby lets loose and slips down her favorite slide: The Sea Creature Funnel!” 

I love Abby because she is very unique. Unique in the sense that you often cannot bring a sea creature out of water. First off, she is a lifeguard! How heroic is she? A perfect role model in fact. In general, she seems very happy and bubbly. Additionally, she seems like she would cheer you up if you were down. Her round shape makes her perfect for hugs and affection. I highly recommend you go out and purchase this adorable creature!

Tiffany the cat

Tiffany is a milky colored cat with pink and purple patches on her body. She has hearts embroidered onto her belly. She has two whiskers on both sides. Her eyes are open and she has beautiful eyelashes. 

Tiffany’s tag reads “Tiffany’s favorite Valentine’s drink is chocolate milk with red heart sprinkles. She loves to play tennis and is looking for a doubles partner. Could it be you?”

Tiffany is multi-colored! Her different colored patches are completely adorable and can match whatever mood you are in. Plus, who doesn’t love chocolate milk? You can pour yourself a nice cup of chocolate milk and enjoy it with Tiffany by your side. Maybe you can learn a new skill as well and join Tiffany on the court. 

Heidi the husky

Heidi is a charcoal-colored husky with triangle shaped ears. She has a heart shaped white patch that surfaces from her belly all the way to her eyes. She has a normal black eye with white shine, and another eye that is winking. Long eyelashes are present on both of her eyes. She has a black nose and a smile covering the rest of her face. Of course, she also has the hearts embroidered onto her belly. 

Heidi’s tag reads “Hungry Heidi has one passion: food. After enjoying a long walk outside, Heidi races to the local pizza place and stuffs her face with cheese pizza. Heidi’s fellow mallows love to join her, and sometimes, if they’re lucky, Heidi will offer them an itsy-bitsy bite of food!”

Huskies are lovable dogs. So friendly and loyal. Plus, Heidi is so relatable. Aren’t we all hungry? Heidi loves food (especially pizza it sounds) and more importantly, if you become good friends with her, she will offer you food. You could always order a box of pizza from your preferred pizza place for you and Heidi to enjoy. Even though she indulges in her cravings, she also remains healthy by taking long walks outdoors. Going on long walks is definitely heading in the right direction towards a healthier lifestyle. Taking a walk also can lead you to exploring new places and going on an adventure. 

Paisley the Pegasus

Paisley is a tie-dye colored pegasus. She has white sparkly wings to help her fly. She has a cotton candy colored mane and tail. She has black, round eyes with short eyelashes to accompany it. She also has the Valentine’s day hearts embroidered onto her belly. 

Her tag reads “Paisley loves makeovers, this year she had a spooky slumber party for her birthday. Can you guess what they did? Movie marathons and makeovers of course! One day maybe Paisley will get to do makeovers for the movies.”

If you love makeup but sadly do not have the skills to do your own, hire Paisley to do it for you! Paisley is very talented and definitely will provide you with a very colorful and vibrant look. It is not every day that you can say that you are friends with a mythical creature. So go out, get Paisley and cuddle up next to her while you marathon various spooky movies. 

Janet the jellyfish

Janet is a tie-dye-colored jellyfish with a circular white patch on her belly. Her tentacles are various colors of ribbon. Her eyes are round and black. She has a slight smile on her face. There are hearts embroidered onto her belly. 

Janet’s tag reads “Janet has a passion for music, and she views the ocean as a musical playground! After putting on her headphones, Janet strums her tentacles, mimicking the sound of a guitar. Janet’s sea squad loves to hear her play and they dance along to her beautiful beat!”

Usually, jellyfishes appear mean, but Janet seems so kindhearted. She is a huge fan of music as well as a musician. She can definitely play a few tunes for you on her tentacles! Maybe you two can even have a party (a virtual party obviously due to COVID) and have her play all of the music. You two can definitely be the best of pals and will have fun together. 

I hope you enjoyed my rankings as well as the description of  the five Squishmallows! You can go to the https://squishmallows.com/ and see if they are in stock, if not, you​ can find the retailers on the website where they are sold!

Alyssa Farmer

Jefferson '24

I'm Alyssa! I'm a second year Nursing student. I love music, crystals, astrology, incense, Halloween, Marvel, Squishmallows, ramen and animals!