Style > Beauty

Post Shower Hair Products to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Up until this past Summer, hair care hasn’t been of importance to me. After dying my hair, and styling it without the use of products, I quickly damaged it. Ultimately, this led to me having to chop off my hair this Summer. While I am on a journey to healthy growing hair, I have discovered some hair products and tools that I really enjoy using.

Eva·nyc Mane Magic 10-in-1 Shine Mask ($14.00)

This hair mask has become a staple in my shower routine. I usually apply it to my hair upon shampooing twice a week, for about 5 minutes. The 10-in-1 aspect stems from the claims of 1. Twice the shine 2. Reducing frizz 3. Moisturizing 4. Reducing breakage 5. Smoothing 6. Softening 7. Revitalizing 8. Nourishing 9. Detangling 10. Giving a healthy look and feel to the hair. This mask makes my hair very soft and shiny upon drying and every time I use it, I get compliments on the scent of my hair, too.

LOLAVIE Glossing Detangler ($26.00)

As a big Jennifer Anniston Fan, I was excited to try out a product from her hair line, Lolavie. After trying the glossing detangler, I was not disappointed. This product really smooths and detangles effortlessly upon brushing my tangled wet hair.

REDKEN Quick Blowout Heat Protectant Spray ($26.00)

After my hairdresser sprayed this heat protectant into my hair, I was initially drawn to the scent and purchased my own. This product is helpful before styling with any sort of heated tool because it keeps the hair shiny and protected , without the dents and dryness that comes with heat damage. 

VERB Ghost Hairspray ($20.00)

This medium hold hairspray was another discovery from my hairdresser. Specifically, after curling my hair, I enjoy using this product because it doesn’t leave my hair feeling crunchy, or sticky like a lot of other hair sprays. My hair stays in place all day, without the feel, look, and heavy fragrance of a typical hairspray.

REVLON One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush ($60.00)

The Revlon blow dryer brush is a game changer. As someone who struggles with my hair type, this brush gives the perfect blowout look, with minimal effort. The oval design of the brush allows it to dry and reach the roots of my hair while the bristles grasp firmly to the hair. Upon drying, my hair feels incredibly smooth and has a shiny appearance. The blowout look will last a couple of days, with minor touch ups. This tool is especially helpful for styling my curtain bangs in seconds.

Melisa Fat

Jefferson '26

Hi, I'm Melisa! I'm a freshman at Jefferson University studying pre-pharmacy.