manayunk town
manayunk town
Original photo by Riya Roy

Philly Fun: Manayunk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

When we got to Jefferson, my friends and I were looking for places that were close by where we could hangout. We found out that Manayunk was only 15 minutes away from school. Manayunk is filled with different kinds of restaurants and shops as well as amazing areas to take pictures all along Main Street. My friends and I first went to Insomnia Cookies where you can get warm cookies. I tried the M&M and Double Chocolate Chunk cookies and they were so good! There are a large variety of cookies from Chocolate Chip to Smores. If you have a sweet tooth this is definitely the place for you! My friends and I also went to Tsaocaa to get tea. I wasn’t sure if I would like it because I’m not a huge tea drinker, but I loved it. I got the mango fruit tea and it tasted so good! If you’re not a bubble tea fan like myself, there a so many other options at Tsaocaa. I can’t wait to go back! Outside of Tsaocaa, is an alleyway that has a bunch of umbrellas suspended in the air. This is a great photoshoot area and we took so many pictures here. Another great place to take pictures was the Manayunk watermelon mural. Overall, our trip to Manayunk was amazing and I can’t wait to explore some more!

Riya Roy

Jefferson '24

Hi! I'm Riya, a Senior Pre-Med major at Jefferson! I'm from Northeast Philly and I've lived there my whole life. I enjoy reading, art, baking and binge watching Netflix! This year, I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Jefferson and I'm so excited!! Hope you enjoy my articles :)