This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Many people (myself included!) have commended the Passion Planner as being revolutionary and unique from other planners with the ability to time block and utilize a dedicated space to envision your goals. I really like the Passion Planner because it also helps add a pop of color to my life, with different colors for each planner such as Sakura Melody, Elegant Marble, or Elite Black. Being able to set aside time to figure out what I need to do for the day (or even the coming days) is a cathartic experience for me, not to mention being able to put stickers where ever I please!

Although I’ve used the Passion Planner Weekly since my first year of college, I have noticed there would be times I would be so overwhelmed that I’d forget I even had a planner, to the point I wouldn’t write in it or even look at it for days at a time. I have since switched to the Passion Planner Daily in hopes that I would be able to take on my tasks at a more gradual pace. Although I haven’t used it for very long, I wanted to share my thoughts on both below for anyone interested.

Passion Planner Weekly

I feel like the weekly version is the most common of the two, and its layout is what most might think of when someone mentions the Passion Planner. Other than having monthly pages (for either the whole year or academic year) and reflection questions, you are able to see your whole week in two pages. The top half is comprised of schedules from 6 AM to 10:30 PM to let you time block for each day of the week, while the bottom half has “Personal” and “Work” checklists and a blank “Space of Infinite Possibility”, where you can journal, draw, mindmap… anything you want, really!

In my opinion, as I went through college there was too much I had to do in a single week for me to continue using this effectively. I would use it to note the classes I had as well as other extracurricular commitments, but sometimes there would not be enough space in both checklists for me to write things down. With the Space of Infinite Possibility being blank (as in, no grids or dots or anything on it) I was unable to keep my handwriting straight, and in the end anything I tried to write in there separately looked extremely slanted.

Even so, using this version of the Passion Planner was extremely fun and since it was my first foray into this style of planners, it made me be much more organized. If you are someone who would rather look at the bigger picture and see what you have to do for the whole week, I certainly recommend the Passion Planner Weekly!

Passion Planner Daily

I remember thinking that I would never need to use the daily version because it I would never have that much stuff going on in my day… well, I was wrong! As mentioned above, it is much better for me to break my tasks and deadlines into smaller, more achievable chunks and using the Passion Planner Daily has helped me with that process.

The Passion Planner Daily is similar to the Weekly in that it has monthly layouts and pages for reflection, but some differences are that the Daily only lets you plan in three-month intervals, and is exclusively undated, so you will have to fill in the months and dates yourself. The daily layouts still take up two pages – the left page is dedicated to a schedule from 5 AM to 11 PM, along with your daily checklists, a mood tracker, the best thing that happened that day, and so on. The right page is the Space of Infinite Possibility, but it is dotted and is much larger than the weekly version’s.

Having much more space to think about your day is beneficial to me in so many ways, because I no longer have to try and make my handwriting any smaller or forgo writing something down entirely. I am now able to use the Space of Infinite Possibility to journal or jot down random thoughts I had at the moment, which helps me release any anxiety or tension associated with those thoughts. I also like how when I step and look back at my day’s pages with everything filled out, it looks very clean and organized. Although I’ve only used the Passion Planner Daily for a few days at the time of writing this, I feel as if I’ll be able to use it a lot longer without becoming overwhelmed this time. I would recommend the daily version to anyone who is like me and needs to really plan her day, out one step at a time.

The Passion Planner and its formats are definitely innovative and original for sure, but if you are thinking of buying one, ultimately it comes down to what type of Passion Planner you’d like in the first place. I hope this helps anyone make a choice if they’re unsure, or if you just wanted to take a look at my opinions on them. Thanks for reading!

Kamille is a fourth-year Psychology major and Communication minor at Thomas Jefferson University. She enjoys reading, creative writing, and experimenting in the kitchen.