My Top 7 Favorite Disney Channel Halloween Specials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

I have to be honest. Whenever Halloween time rolls around each year, I get nervous. I’m the type of person who scares really, really easily, so Halloween time is a struggle for me. From the scary decorations in stores to trailers for new horror movies popping up in YouTube or Snapchat ads, there are so many opportunities for me to be scared. I know some people enjoy the feeling of getting scared, but that’s definitely not me. So, during Halloween time, I have to find things that are in the spirit of Halloween but not scary. Disney Channel Halloween specials are the best way to get the Halloween feel without the scares! These are my top 7 favorite Disney Channel Halloween specials:

1. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: “The Ghost in Suite 613”

Season 1, Episode 19

I remember this episode scaring me when I was younger. This has to be one of the scariest Disney Channel episodes. Zack was trying to scare his brother Cody when Muriel, a maid at the Tipton hotel, tells them about the legend of the ghost that haunts suite 613. Zack and Cody, along with some of the employees of the Tipton, make a bet to see who could last in the suite the longest. In the suite, they try to call upon the spirit, which leads to a possession.

•  J.O.N.A.S.: “Tale of The Haunted Firehouse”

Season 1, Episode 17

Kevin thinks that there is a ghost haunting the firehouse, so he, Nick, Stella, and Joe try to catch it. Joe is very skeptical about this ghost until Nick ends up going missing.

•  Wizards of Waverly Place: “Halloween”

Season 3, Episode 2

The Russo family hosts a haunted house in their sub shop every year for Halloween, but they’ve always been boring. When they’re threatened with getting their haunted house segment taken away from them, the Russo family tries to amp up the scare factor. Alex goes to the Wizard World to bring back real monsters for their haunted house, but they end up not being scary enough. Alex then returns to the Wizard World and brings back Mantooth, who is the scariest ghost. Mantooth scares the children so badly that the haunted house gets shut down.

•  Jessie: “Ghost Bummers”

Season 3, Episode 1

Mrs. Chesterfield throws a Halloween party at her penthouse but does not invite Jessie and the kids. They decide to throw their own party. Things take a turn when Jessie starts seeing ghosts. Also, Emma, Luke, Mrs. Kipling, Zeus, and Mrs. Chesterfield become possessed by spirits. Jessie, Ravi, and Zuri have to defeat the ghosts to save their building.

•  Good Luck Charlie: “Scary Had a Little Lamb”

Season 2, Episode 25

There are multiple plotlines that occur in this episode. Teddy takes Charlie Trick-or-Treating when a teenager scares Charlie. Teddy decides to get her revenge on the teenager. Gabe agrees to protect Mrs. Dabney’s house from kids that usually prank her house even though Gabe is the one that always pranks her. PJ becomes goth for his goth girlfriend and then learns that he should not have to change for anyone.

•  A.N.T.: mutANT farm

Season 1, Episode 14

In this alternate world, it’s Chyna’s first day in the “MutANT Program,” where everyone’s a monster while the older kids are regular humans. The older kids are scared of the A.N.T.s, so Chyna wants to unite the two groups. She wants to invite the humans to the “MutANTs Only” Halloween Dance.

•  Gravity Falls: “Summerween”

Season 1, Episode 12

Gravity Falls is celebrating Halloween in the summer. Dipper and Mabel are excited to go Trick-or-Treating when Wendy tells them that it’s childish. Because of that, Dipper ditches Mabel. Later on, he also insults and angers a monster called the Summerween Trickster. Dipper, Mabel, and their friends team up to defeat the monster.

Riya Roy

Jefferson '24

Hi! I'm Riya, a Senior Pre-Med major at Jefferson! I'm from Northeast Philly and I've lived there my whole life. I enjoy reading, art, baking and binge watching Netflix! This year, I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Jefferson and I'm so excited!! Hope you enjoy my articles :)