My Top 5 Places to Eat in Philadelphia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Whether you are a student in Philly or just visiting, I wanted to give you a few of my favorite places to get some food. Even though I have only been living here for a year and a half, these places seem to be my go-to, and I definitely recommend checking them out!

Dim Sum Garden

This place is my all-time favorite restaurant located in Chinatown (on Race St.). It’s almost always packed but they do a really good job of getting people in and out quickly. This place has a wide variety of soup dumplings (dim sum) and noodles. For those of you that haven’t tried soup dumplings before, do not be afraid! They are so delicious and hard not to love, so trying something new will 100% be worth it.

Le Bus

If you want a yummy brunch or lunch, this is your place. For one thing, they start you off with homemade bread; and not just any bread, but several different kinds (fruit and nut, pumpernickel, etc.). My friends and I love this place to cure a hangover (all the bread you can eat!). They also have several vegan options! One of my favorites on their menu is the homemade vegan mushroom bisque. Yummmm! For Jefferson students, this one is located not even 5 minutes from campus!

Reading Terminal Market

Anyone in Philly has to try this place at least once (but let’s be real you’ll be back there again). This market is filled with all locally owned businesses and just about any food you could think of. There are rows and rows with food vendors and picky eaters won’t have an issue here since there is everything ranging from a grilled cheese stand to Thai food and everything in between. My special recommendation to check out when you’re there is the Amish bakery. The donuts and pies are to die for (but FYI they aren’t open Sunday).

Green Eggs Café

This is another yummy brunch place, except very different. This place has to die for breakfast, including cookie dough stuffed French toast and amazing eggs benedicts. This is the place to go to treat yourself!

El Vez

This was the first restaurant I ever ate at in Philly. The interior decorations are amazing, and the restaurant just has an overall good atmosphere… plus really good Mexican food!

Marina Hatem

Jefferson '22

second year nursing student big believer in #girlpower lover of tea, yoga, crystals, & the color yellow